Profession: Apple Co-founder
Biography: Inventor, entrepreneur and businessman, Jobs co-founded Apple Computer from his parents' garage in 1976, then went on to found NeXT and Pixar before returning to Apple in 1996.
As CEO, he oversaw the introduction of the iMac, iTunes, iPod, iPad and the iPhone, revolutionising personal computing.
Under his leadership Apple became the most valuable company in the world.
- 1991-03-18 Apple computer head Steve Jobs weds Laurene Powell
- 1976-04-01 Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs found Apple Computer in the garage of Jobs' parents house in Cupertino, California
- 1977-01-03 Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs incorporate Apple Computer, Inc
- 1986-02-03 Pixar Animation Studios (Toy Story; The Incredibles) headed by Edwin Catmull and Alvy Ray Smith, is spun off from Lucasfilm, Ltd as an independent film production company, with backing of Steve Jobs
- 1997-09-16 Apple Computer Inc names co-founder Steve Jobs interim CEO
- 2007-01-09 Apple Inc CEO Steve Jobs announces the iPhone
- 2011-08-24 Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple Inc., and is succeeded by Tim Cook, as a result of his illness