Why Famous: Guitarist and songwriter for the punk-rock band the Sex Pistols. After the band split up in 1978 Jones went on to perform in two other short-lived bands, The Professionals and Chequered Past.
Jones recording career has been long and varied and he has worked with the likes of Johnny Thunder, Joan Jett and Iggy Pop.
In 2017 Jones published his autobiography "Lonely Boy" detailing his drug and sex addiction and the break-up of the Sex Pistols.
- 1975-11-06 First performance of the Sex Pistols at St Martins College, London
- 1976-10-08 Sex Pistols sign with EMI
- 1976-11-26 Sex Pistols release their debut single "Anarchy In The UK"
- 1976-12-01 Sex Pistols using profanity on TV, gets them branded as "rotten punks"
- 1977-01-06 EMI records drop punk rock group Sex Pistols
- 1977-05-27 The Sex Pistols release "God Save the Queen", sparking major controversy and leading to a ban on the song by the BBC
- 1977-06-07 During the Queen's Jubilee, the Sex Pistols attempt to perform on a boat on the River Thames, but are forced to stop by the police
- 1978-01-05 Start of the Sex Pistols final tour in Atlanta, Georgia
- 1978-01-14 Sex Pistols' final concert held in Winterland, San Francisco
- 1978-01-17 After a tumultuous final tour the Sex Pistols break up as a band, which is announced the following day
- 1978-07-13 BBC bans Sex Pistols "No One is Innocent"