Profession: Auto Racer
Why Famous: Won 16 Formula 1 Grands Prix races and came runner-up in the World F1 Drivers Championship between 1955 and 1958.
- 1955-09-11 Juan Manuel Fango in a Mercedes wins season ending Italian Grand Prix at Monza to take his third Formula 1 World Drivers Championship by 17 points from Englishman Stirling Moss
- 1956-09-02 Juan Manuel Fangio of Argentina finishes 2nd in Italian GP at Monza to win his 3rd straight F1 World Drivers Championship by 3 points from Englishman Stirling Moss
- 1957-09-08 Juan Manuel Fangio confirms his F1 World Drivers Championship, finishing 2nd in the season ending Italian GP at Monza; takes record 5th title by 15 points from Stirling Moss
- 1958-10-19 Stirling Moss wins season ending Moroccan Grand Prix at Ain-Diab but fellow Brit Mike Hawthorn takes World Drivers Championship from Moss by just 1 point by finishing second; first British world champion
- 1961-05-14 Stirling Moss wins the 1961 Monaco Grand Prix