Why Famous: McGraw first came to fame with his 1994 album 'Not a Moment Too Soon,' which was the top country album of that year. Since then he has had 25 number one country singles, three of which were also the top country songs of the year: 'It's Your Love' (1997), 'Just to See You Smile' (1998), and 'Live Like You Were Dying' (2004).
On top of his chart success, McGraw has won 3 Grammy awards, 14 Academy of Country Music awards, and many more beyond. In addition, the Soul2Soul II Tour—which McGraw headlined with his wife, Faith Hill—was one of the all-time highest grossing tours in the genre.
Outside of music, McGraw has also been involved in acting projects such as 'Friday Night Lights' and 'The Blind Side.'
- 1996-10-06 American country singer Faith Hill (29) weds singer and actor Tim McGraw (45) in Rayville, Louisiana
- 1994-03-22 "Not a Moment Too Soon" 2nd studio album by Tim McGraw is released (Billboard Album of the Year 1994)
- 1997-08-09 "Just to See You Smile" single released by Tim McGraw (Billboard Song of the Year 1998)
- 1999-05-05 34th Academy of Country Music Awards: Garth Brooks, Faith Hill & Tim McGraw win
- 1999-09-22 33rd Country Music Association Award: Shania Twain, Martina McBride and Tim McGraw win
- 2000-05-30 35th Academy of Country Music Awards: Shania Twain, Faith Hill & Tim McGraw win
- 2000-10-04 34th Country Music Association Award: Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill & Tim McGraw wins
- 2001-11-07 35th Country Music Association Award: Tim McGraw, Lee Ann Womack & Toby Keith wins
- 2004-06-07 "Live Like You Were Dying" single released by Tim McGraw (Grammy Award Best Country Song, 2004; Billboard Song of the Year, 2004)
- 2005-07-02 Live 8 concert at Circus Maximus, Rome, Italy; performers include Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran, and Zucchero
- 2016-06-08 50th CMT Music Awards: Tim McGraw; Thomas Rhett, Carrie Underwood, and Chris Stapleton win