Profession: Oklahoma City Bomber and Terrorist
Biography: A veteran of the Gulf War, McVeigh was convicted of carrying out he 1995 Oklahoma City bombing in which 168 people were killed.
He saw the bombing as retribution for the federal government's actions in the 1993 Waco siege (in which 86 people, of whom many were children, had died), the 1992 Ruby Ridge incident, and American foreign policy more generally which he saw as tyrannical.
The attack consisted of detonating nearly 5,000 pounds of explosive in a rented truck parked outside the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building; it was the deadliest terrorist attack on U.S. soil until the September 11 attacks in 2001.
Following his conviction for this attack, McVeigh was executed by lethal injection on June 11, 2001.
Born: April 23, 1968
Birthplace: Lockport, New York, USA
Generation: Generation X
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Star Sign: Taurus
Died: June 11, 2001 (aged 33)
Cause of Death: Executed for the Oklahoma City bombing
- 1995-04-19 Oklahoma City bombing, Timothy McVeigh sets a truck bomb at Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, killing 168 and injuring 500
- 1995-04-21 FBI arrests Timothy McVeigh and charge him with the Oklahoma City bombing
- 1997-06-02 Timothy McVeigh found guilty of 1995 Oklahoma City bombing that killed 168
- 1997-06-13 Jurors in Oklahoma City bombing trial sentence Timothy McVeigh to death
- 1997-08-14 Convicted Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh formally sentenced to death by Oklahoma Court of Appeals
- 1999-03-08 The Supreme Court of the United States upholds the murder convictions of Timothy McVeigh for the Oklahoma City bombing.
- 2004-03-01 Terry Nichols is convicted of state murder charges and being an accomplice to Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh