Full Name: Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus
Profession: Roman Emperor
Why Famous: Roman Emperor from 79 to 81. Prior to becoming Emperor, he gained recognition as a military commander. He besieged and captured Jerusalem, and destroyed the city and the Second Temple. The Arch of Titus commemorates his victory to this day. As emperor, he is best known for completing the Colosseum and for his generosity in relieving the suffering caused by two disasters, the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79 and a fire in Rome in 80.
- 0070-06-05 Titus and his Roman legions breach the middle wall of Jerusalem
- 0070-07-01 Roman General Titus and his forces set up battering rams to assault the walls of Jerusalem
- 0070-08-10 Second Temple in Jerusalem set on fire by Roman army under Titus during the capture of the city (approx)
- 0070-09-07 Roman army under General Titus occupies and plunders Jerusalem
- 0081-09-14 Domitian becomes Emperor of the Roman Empire upon the death of his brother Titus