Profession: Tennis Player and Coach
Why Famous: Won one Grand Slam singles title (1966 French Open) and thirteen Grand Slam doubles titles. He also coached multi-Grand Slam winning World No. 1s, including Ivan Lendl, Patrick Rafter, and Roger Federer.
- 1965-05-29 French Men's Tennis Championships: Fred Stolle beats fellow Australian Tony Roche 3-6, 6-0, 6-2, 6-3 for his first Grand Slam singles title
- 1966-06-05 65th Men's French Championships: Tony Roche beats Istvan Gulyas (6-1, 6-4, 7-5)
- 1967-06-03 66th Men's French Championships: Roy Emerson beats Tony Roche (6-1, 6-4, 2-6, 6-2)
- 1968-07-06 Wimbledon Men's Tennis: Rod Laver beats Tony Roche 6-3, 6-4, 6-2 to earn first ever prize money (£2,000) offered at Wimbledon
- 1969-09-09 US Open Men's Tennis: Rod Laver beats fellow Australian Tony Roche 7-9, 6-1, 6-2, 6-2 to claim his record second Grand Slam
- 1970-09-13 90th Men's U.S. Open: Ken Rosewall beats Tony Roche (2-6, 6-4, 7-6, 6-3)