Full Name: Tonya Maxene Price (née Harding)
Profession: Figure Skater
Why Famous: Harding is an American figure skater, best known for her controversial involvement in an attack on her rival, Nancy Kerrigan, which was carried out by her ex-husband.
Following the attack, both Harding and Kerrigan competed in the 1994 Winter Olympics: Kerrigan came 2nd; Harding, 8th. Later that year, Harding was prosecuted for her involvement and subsequently banned for life by the United States Figure Skating Association.
Since then she has been a professional boxer, competed in reality television, and had a feature film detailing the event between her and Kerrigan: 'I, Tonya' (2017).
- 1991-02-16 US female Figure Skating championship won by Tonya Harding
- 1994-01-06 Ice skater Nancy Kerrigan is attacked by Tonya Harding's bodyguard
- 1994-01-07 US female Figure Skating championship won by Tonya Harding
- 1994-01-13 Tonya Harding's bodyguard, Shawn Eric Eckardt & Derrick Brian Smith arrested & charged with conspiracy in attack of skater Nancy Kerrigan
- 1994-02-01 Jeff Gillooly pleads guilty for his part in attack on American Olympic figure skater Nancy Kerrigan; plea bargain, confesses to racketeering in exchange for testimony implicating ex-wife Tonya Harding
- 1994-03-16 Tonya Harding pleads guilty to felony attack on Nancy Kerrigan
- 1994-04-22 Ice skater Tonya Harding sues ex-husband Jeff Gillooly for $42,500
- 1994-06-30 US Ice Skating Federation bars Tonya Harding for life
- 1997-12-22 Nancy Kerrigan & Tonya Harding pre-record a show to air on FOX on Feb 5
- 1998-02-05 Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding talk on FOX (Taped Dec 22nd)