Why Famous: Known in his lifetime as an astronomer and alchemist, and for his accurate and comprehensive astronomical and planetary observations. Has been described more recently as the first competent mind in modern astronomy to feel ardently the passion for exact empirical facts.
- 1560-08-21 Tycho Brahe becomes interested in astronomy
- 1575-02-11 King Frederick of Denmark offers island of Hveen to Tycho Brahe
- 1576-05-23 Tycho Brahe given Hveen Island to build Uraniborg Observatory
- 1576-08-08 Cornerstone laid for Tycho Brahe's observatory in Uraniborg, Denmark, at the time world's most advanced research institution
- 1578-02-13 Tycho Brahe first sketches "Tychonic system" of solar system
- 1600-02-04 Astronomers Tycho Brahe and Johannes Kepler meet for the first time near Prague
- 1601-10-24 Johannes Kepler succeeds Tycho Brahe as imperial mathematician to Emperor Rudolph II