Profession: President of Kenya
Biography: Uhuru Kenyatta is the current President of Kenya, in office since 2013. He is also the Chairman of the Jubilee Party of Kenya and was previously the Member of Parliament for Gatundu South constituency.
Kenyatta was born in 1961, the son of Jomo Kenyatta, Kenya's first president, and his fourth wife, Ngina Kenyatta. He went to school in Nairobi, before studying economics at Amherst College in the United States.
After working in the private sector for a few years, Kenyatta became involved in politics, serving as an MP from 2002 to 2013. He was elected President in 2013, and was re-elected in 2017.
Kenyatta has been praised for his economic management of Kenya, with the country seeing strong economic growth under his Presidency. He has been criticised, however, for his handling of corruption and human rights issues.
Born: October 26, 1961
Birthplace: Nairobi, Kenya
Age: 61 years old
Generation: Baby Boomer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Star Sign: Scorpio
- 2013-03-30 Kenya's Supreme Court declares Uhuru Kenyatta the rightful winner of the Kenyan presidential election
- 2017-05-31 Kenya's Madaraka Express, a Chinese-built high speed railway from Mombasa to Nairobi is opened by Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta
- 2017-08-08 Kenyan general election: President Uhuru Kenyatta and Jubilee Party of Kenya re-elected, opposition leader Raila Odinga refuses verdict
- 2017-09-01 Kenyan Chief Justice David Maraga invalidates Kenyan re-election of President Uhuru Kenyatta
- 2017-10-30 Kenyan election rerun, President Uhuru Kenyatta declared the winner with 38% turnout
- 2017-11-28 Uhuru Kenyatta sworn in for a second term as president of Kenya