Why Famous: Rose to fame in the late 1990s with the release of his second album "My Way".
His 2004 album, "Confessions", sold over 20 million copies worldwide, and established him as one of the best-selling musical artist of the 2000s decade.
- 2007-09-01 Singer-songwriter Usher (28) weds hair stylist and wardrobe stylist Tameka Foster (37) at Chateau Elan Winery and Resort in Georgia
- 2009-11-04 R&B singer Usher (30) divorces hair stylist and wardrobe stylist Tameka Foster (38) due to irretrievably broken marriage after 2 years
- 2004-01-27 "Yeah!" single released by Usher featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris (Grammy Award Best Rap/Sung Collaboration 2005, Billboard Song of the Year 2004)
- 2004-03-23 Usher releases his 4th studio album “Confessions” (2004 Billboard Album of the Year, Grammy Award Best Contemporary R&B Album 2005)
- 2004-08-29 21st MTV Video Music Awards: OutKast, Beyoncé & Usher f/ Lil Jon & Ludacris win
- 2004-11-14 31st American Music Awards: Sheryl Crow, Usher & Kenny Chesney win
- 2005-02-28 19th Soul Train Music Awards: Ice Cube, Usher & Ciara win