Full Name: Elias Victor Seixas, Jr.
Profession: Tennis Player
Biography: Best known for winning Wimbledon in 1953 and the U.S. Open in 1954.
- 1951-09-05 US National Championship Men's Tennis, Forest Hills, NY: Frank Sedgman of Australia beats American Vic Seixas 6-4, 6-1, 6-1 for his first of 2 straight US singles crowns
- 1951-12-28 Davis Cup Men's Tennis, White City, Sydney: Frank Sedgman outclasses Vic Seixas 6-4, 6-2, 6-2 in the deciding rubber as Australia beats US, 3-2 in Sydney to retain Cup
- 1952-12-31 Davis Cup Men's Tennis, Memorial Drive, Adelaide: Vic Seixas beats Ken McGregor in 4 sets but Australia retains title for third straight year; beats US, 4-1 in Adelaide
- 1953-05-30 French Championships Men's Tennis: Ken Rosewall of Australia wins his 2nd Grand Slam title, beating American Vic Seixas 6-3, 6-4, 1-6, 6-2
- 1953-07-03 Wimbledon Men's Tennis: American Vic Seixas wins his only Wimbledon singles title with a 9-7, 6-3, 6-4 over Dane Kurt Nielsen
- 1953-09-07 US National Championship Men's Tennis, Forest Hills, NY: Tony Trabert beats fellow American Vic Seixas 6-3, 6-2, 6-3 to win his first of 5 major titles
- 1954-09-06 US National Championship Men's Tennis, Forest Hills, NY: Vic Seixas beats Australian Rex Hartwig 3-6, 6-2, 6-4, 6-4 for his second and final major singles title
- 1957-12-06 Gardnar Mulloy becomes oldest American to win a Davis Cup tennis match at age 44 years, 14 days; teams with Vic Seixas to give US a match-clinching, 3-0 lead over the Philippines in the Inter Zone 1st round in Adelaide, Australia