Full Name: Victória Fyódorovna Azárenka
Profession: Tennis Player
Why Famous: Victoria Azarenka is the first Belarusian tennis player, male or female, to win a Grand Slam tournament singles title.
She was the World #1 ranked player for a period of 51 weeks in 2012. Azarenka has won 21 WTA singles titles, including two Grand Slam singles titles at the 2012 and 2013 Australian Open.
In mixed doubles, she won the 2008 French Open with Bob Bryan, and the gold medal at the 2012 London Olympics with Max Mirnyi for Belarus.
Injury, pregnancy and personal issues interrupted her career 2014-17 but she has resumed successfully being a consistent top 20 ranked player.
- 2011-10-30 Czech tennis star Petra Kvitová beats Victoria Azarenka of Belarus 7–5, 4–6, 6–3 in the WTA Championship decider in Istanbul, Turkey
- 2012-01-28 Australian Open Women's Tennis: Victoria Azarenka becomes first Belarusian player to win Grand Slam singles title; beats Maria Sharapova of Russia 6-3, 6-0
- 2012-09-09 US Open Women's Tennis: Serena Williams wins her 4th US title; beats Victoria Azarenka of Belarus 6-2, 2-6, 7-5
- 2013-01-26 Australian Open Women's Tennis: Victoria Azarenka of Belarus wins her 2nd straight Australian title; beats Li Na of China 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
- 2013-09-08 US Open Women's Tennis: Serena Williams successfully defends her title; beats Victoria Azarenka of Belarus 7-5, 6-7, 6-1
- 2020-09-12 US Open Women's Tennis: Naomi Osaka of Japan wins her second US title; beats Victoria Azarenka of Belarus 1-6, 6-3, 6-3
- Victoria Azarenka - WTA Tour