Profession: MLB Outfielder
Biography: Vince Coleman was a star athlete in high school, lettering in four sports. He was drafted by the Chicago White Sox in 1981, but did not sign with them. He instead attended Florida A&M University on a baseball scholarship.
Coleman was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 10th round of the 1984 Major League Baseball Draft. He made his Major League debut with the Cardinals in 1985, and was named National League Rookie of the Year.
He went on to play for the Cardinals for eight seasons, and was a key member of their World Series-winning team in 1987.
He holds the Major League record for most stolen bases in a season by a rookie, with 110 in 1985. He also holds the Cardinals' franchise record for career stolen bases, with 538.
Born: September 22, 1961
Birthplace: Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Age: 61 years old
Generation: Baby Boomer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Star Sign: Virgo
- 1985-08-01 St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Vince Coleman steals 2 bases in 1st inning of 9-8 loss v Cubs to set a NL rookie record 74
- 1985-10-13 During NLCS, Cards rookie Vince Coleman is injured stretching before game as his left leg is caught in Busch Stadium's automated tarpaulin
- 1985-11-27 Cards Vince Coleman wins NL Rookie of Year
- 1987-09-12 Vince Coleman steals his 100th base for 3rd straight year
- 1989-06-24 Cards Vince Coleman steals record 39th & 40th consecutive bases
- 1989-07-28 Cards' Vince Coleman is caught stealing ends record streak at 50
- 1989-07-29 Vince Coleman, record streak stopped at 50 straight stolen bases
- 1992-03-03 Charges are filed in Florida against NY Mets Darryl Boston, Vince Coleman & Dwight Gooden of rape (dropped in April)
- 1992-03-14 NY Met Daryl Boston, Vince Coleman & Dwight Gooden accused of rape
- 1993-07-24 Met Vince Coleman injures 3 when he throws cherry bomb at Dodger fans