Profession: Prime Minister of Canada
Why Famous: Served as the seventh Prime Minister of Canada from 1896 to 1911.
- 1868-08-13 Prime Minister of Canada Wilfrid Laurier (26) weds Zoé Lafontaine (27) in Montreal, Canada
- 1896-07-11 Wilfrid Laurier sworn in as the 7th Prime Minister of Canada
- 1900-11-07 In Canada, the Liberal Government led by Wilfrid Laurier retains its majority
- 1905-09-01 Wilfrid Laurier oversees Alberta and Saskatchewan joining the Confederation of Canada
- 1910-05-04 Wilfrid Laurier passes the Naval Service Act, which creates the Royal Canadian Navy
- 1911-09-21 Canadian Prime Minister Wilfrid Laurier loses the election to Robert Bordon of the Conservative Party