Why Famous: One of the Brothers Grimm, along with his older brother Jacob Grimm, authors of the famous collection "Grimm's Fairy Tales", first published in 1812 with 86 stories. By the seventh edition in 1857 211 stories were included. From the brothers' collecting of old folk tales has come the popularity of the such tales as "Sleeping Beauty", "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", "Rapunzel" and "Rumpelstiltskin".
Together with his brother Jacob, Wilhelm was the instigator of the mammoth "Deutsches Wörterbuch" the largest German dictionary ever complied. Begun in 1838, it was published in parts from 1852. Unfinished at their death it was finally completed by later scholars in 1961.
- 1825-05-15 Author and scholar Wilhelm Grimm (39) weds Henriette Dorothea
- 1812-12-20 "Grimm's Fairy Tales" or "Children's and Household Tales" by Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm is first published
- 1837-11-18 Letter by Göttingen Seven published protesting abolition of constitution of Kingdom of Hanover, by seven professors including Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
- 1838-08-29 Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm announce in their intention to publish a German Dictionary (eventually completed 1961, one hundred and 23 years later)
- 1852-05-01 Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm publish the first part of their German Dictionary (fully completed 1961)