Full Name: Zinedine Yazid Zidane known as Zizou
Profession: Football Player and Manager
Biography: Zidane is regarded as one of football’s greatest attacking midfielders of all-time
As a player for Cannes, Bordeaux, Juventus, Real Madrid and France (108 caps) he has received many individual accolades including FIFA World Player of the Year in 1998, 2000 and 2003, as well as the coveted Ballon d’Or in 1998.
Zidane scored twice in the final of the 1998 FIFA World Cup and was named to the All-Star Team; and in France’s winning UEFA Euro 2000 campaign he was named Player of the Tournament. He received the Golden Ball for Player of the Tournament at the 2006 World Cup, despite his infamous sending off in the final against Italy.
As coach of Spanish giants Real Madrid, Zidane is the first to win the Champions League on 3 consecutive occasions, the UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup twice each, as well as a La Liga title and a Supercopa de España.
- 1997-12-23 Ballon d'Or: Barcelona/Inter's Brazilian striker Ronaldo wins his first of 2 best football player in Europe awards ahead of Real Madrid forward Predrag Mijatović and Juventus midfielder Zinedine Zidane
- 1998-07-12 FIFA World Cup Final, Stade de France, Saint-Denis: Zinedine Zidane scores twice as France wins first World Cup beating Brazil, 3-0
- 1998-12-22 Ballon d'Or: Juventus' French midfielder Zinedine Zidane is named best football player in Europe ahead of Real Madrid striker Davor Šuker and Inter forward Ronaldo
- 2000-12-19 Ballon d'Or: Real Madrid's Portuguese midfielder Luís Figo is named best football player in Europe ahead of Juventus midfielder Zinedine Zidane and Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko
- 2018-05-26 UEFA Champions League Final, Kiev: Real Madrid beats Liverpool, 3-1 for third straight title. Zinédine Zidane first manager to win 3 consecutive titles
- 2018-05-31 Zinédine Zidane announces his resignation as Real Madrid manager after 3 successive Champions League titles
- Zinedine Zidane - Biography