NHL Teams: Anaheim Ducks - Boston Bruins - Buffalo Sabres - Calgary Flames - California Golden Seals - Carolina Hurricanes - Chicago Blackhawks - Colorado Avalanche - Dallas Stars - Detroit Red Wings - Edmonton Oilers - Florida Panthers - Hamilton Tigers - Hartford Whalers - Kansas City Scouts - Los Angeles Kings - Minnesota North Stars - Minnesota Wild - Montreal Canadiens - Montreal Maroons - Montreal Wanderers - New Jersey Devils - New York Americans - New York Islanders - New York Rangers - Ottawa Senators - Philadelphia Flyers - Phoenix Coyotes - Pittsburgh Penguins - Quebec Bulldogs - Quebec Nordiques - San Jose Sharks - St. Louis Blues - St. Louis Eagles - Tampa Bay Lightning - Toronto Arenas - Toronto Maple Leafs - Toronto St. Patricks - Vancouver Canucks - Washington Capitals - Winnipeg Jets
- 1942-09-28 NY Americans NHL team folded
- 1989-09-14 Calgary Flames become 1st NHL team to play in USSR, win 4-2
- 1991-04-16 St Louis Blues becomes 8th NHL team in Play-off to come back from a 3-1 deficit as they beat the Detroit Red Wings 3-2 in game 7
- 1993-03-01 New expansion NHL team, owned in Anaheim, CA by Disney, receives its name, inspired by the 1992 Disney movie 'The Mighty Ducks'
- 1996-04-11 Detroit Red Wings become 2nd NHL team to win 60 games in a season
- 1997-10-09 NY Rangers are 1st NHL team to open with 4 straight ties
- 2001-02-16 Mathieu Schneider of the Los Angeles Kings becomes the first defenseman in history to score a goal against all 30 NHL teams as LA beats Minnesota, 4-0