- 1855-09-03 Indian Wars: In Nebraska, 700 soldiers under American General William S. Harney avenge the Grattan Massacre by attacking a Sioux village, killing 100 men, women, and children.
- 1863-07-30 Indian Wars: Chief Pocatello of the Shoshone tribe signs the Treaty of Box Elder, promising to stop harassing the emigrant trails in southern Idaho and northern Utah
- 1872-11-29 Indian Wars: The Modoc War begins with the Battle of Lost River
- 1876-11-25 Indian Wars: In retaliation for the American defeat at the Battle of the Little Bighorn, United States Army troops sack Chief Dull Knife's sleeping Cheyenne village at the headwaters of the Powder River.
- 1877-06-17 Indian Wars: Battle of White Bird Canyon - the Nez Perce defeat the US Cavalry at White Bird Canyon in the Idaho Territory
1839-12-05 United States Army officer and cavalry commander in the American Civil War and the American Indian Wars, born in New Rumley, Ohio
- 1781-04-23 James Abercrombie, British general (Commander-in-Chief of forces in North America during French and Indian wars) (b. 1706)
1876-06-25 United States Army officer and cavalry commander in the American Civil War and the American Indian Wars, dies at the Battle of Little Bighorn aged 36