War: American Civil War - American Indian Wars - American Revolutionary War - Boer Wars - Falklands War - Greek War of Independence - Gulf War - Korean War - Kosovo War - New Zealand Wars - Spanish Civil War - Terrorism - Vietnam War - War of the Pacific - Wars of the Roses - Weapons - World War One - World War Two
- 1946-03-28 Cold War: The United States State Department releases the Acheson-Lilienthal Report, outlining a plan for the international control of nuclear power.
- 1948-10-24 Bernard M Baruch introduces term "Cold War"
- 1954-09-03 Espionage & Sabotage Act of 1954 signed in the US, prompted by the cold war
- 1957-11-07 Cold War: The Gaither Report calls for more American missiles and fallout shelters.
- 1981-11-30 Cold War: In Geneva, representatives from the United States and the Soviet Union begin to negotiate intermediate-range nuclear weapon reductions in Europe (the meetings ended inconclusively on December 17)
- 1870-08-19 Bernard Baruch, financier/presidential adviser (Cold War)
- 1882-01-05 Herbert Bayard Swope, U.S. journalist who coined the term "Cold War" (d. 1958)
- 1934-04-01 Vladimir Posner, Russian/French/American journalist who represented and explained the views of the Soviet Union during the Cold War, born in Paris